If you were to create your own action figure, what would it look like? Is your figure holding a trophy, lifting weights, painting a picture? Think about the activities that make you feel most confident and brave and create your figure doing them in this simple How-To Tuesday!
*Note: This project works best if you let it dry overnight
What you’ll need:
bowl of water
1. Cut a long piece of wire, about 18”, and a shorter piece of wire, about 8”.
2. Bend the long piece of wire in half and twist so that you have a loop at the top. This will be your head.
3. Fold up the two pieces of wire to create your legs..
4. Twist the shorter piece of wire around the longer one just below the head. Bend in the ends to make hands on your arms.
5. Move your figure into the action position you want it to be in.
6. Dip strips of plaster into water and wrap them around your figure to build out its body.
7. Let your figure dry overnight. Once dry, paint your figure. You can paint it all one color or give it more details.
Share your new paper and drawings with us using #sharewithCMA! How-To Tuesdays are published on our blog every other week, so check back soon for a new project!