Create your own miniature clothesline out of textile rubbings using colored construction paper, assorted textured fabric scraps, and soft pastels. You could even draw with yarn! Think about what kinds of outfits you will create. Will it be warm winter sweaters? Tropical vacation clothes? Sports jerseys? It is up to you.
What you’ll need:
tracing paper or thin colored paper
miniature clothes pins
soft pastel crayons
textured fabric scraps
twine or yarn
- Gather a variety textures from around your home: fabric scraps, paper or lace doilies. Compose textures on the table however you desire.
2. Place tracing paper on top of the textures. Rub the side of a pastel crayon over the tracing paper to reveal the textures below.
3. Cut the rubbings into clothing shapes: T-Shirt, shorts, pants, socks, hat, etc.
4. To draw with yarn, cut out the shape of your desired piece of clothing. Lay down a thin line of glue on your piece of clothing and then follow the line of glue with your yarn. Let it dry. Now you have an article of clothing decorated with yarn.
5. Mix and match patterns to create an outfit and hang it on a clothes line with twine or yarn.
Share your miniature clothesline with us using #sharewithCMA! How-To Tuesdays are published on our blog every other week, so check back soon for a new project!