Throughout time, artists have used their voice to express how they want to change the world. What do you care most about? What do you have to say? Speak up and speak out with these do-it-yourself megaphones! Share your projects and thoughts using #CMACivicKids.
What you’ll need:
Card Stock Paper or Poster Board: 1 Large Square (for megaphone), 1 rectangle (for handle)
Tape or Hot Glue
Drawing Material: Marker, Colored Pencil, Oil Pastel
Choose a large, square piece of construction paper or poster board in your favorite color to create your megaphone. Lightly draw a fan shape on your paper.
2. Cut out the fan shape with scissors.
3. Lightly mark where you’d like your message to go on your megaphone. Write or draw your message!
4. Roll your megaphone into a cone shape to put it together. Use hot glue, sturdy tape, or a stapler to secure the overlapping side of your megaphone.
5. Take a small strip of card stock paper and fold the edges in. Glue or tape these edges to create a handle for your megaphone.
6. Speak your truth! Tell the world what you care most about through your megaphone.
Share your megaphone with #CMACIVICKIDS and check out our CIVICKIDS Digital Exhibition to see what others have created!
This CIVICKIDS project is sponsored by Google.