CMA Art Station at Union Square Holiday Market
Join CMA in Union Square for art-making during the annual Holiday Market! CMA Teaching Artists will be leading hands on workshops on weekday afternoons and weekends November 16 through December 24.
Find the booth in the Southeast corner of Union Square!
- 3 – 6 PM on Weekdays
- 11 – 6 PM on Weekends
- Note: Closed Thanksgiving Day, November 23
- Nov 16-26: Alexander Calder-Inspired Hanging Mobiles: In this workshop, young artists will creating their own hanging mobiles, taking inspiration from well known sculptor Alexander Calder! Famous for his hanging mobiles, Calder used wire and colorful shapes to create playful works of art. These hanging decorations look great in your home, on a tree, or anywhere you can think of!
- Nov 27-Dec 3: Cardboard Critter Creation!: What’s your favorite animal? In this workshop, visitors will be able to create their own hanging decorations of an animal using cardboard, glue, and fabric. Personalize your creature with fur, scales, whiskers, you name it!
- Dec 4-10: Beaded Hanging Decorations: Create beautiful, hanging works of art with a variety of beads! Create a bead pattern and wire shape of your own and hang it up for a fun winter decoration!
- Dec 11-17: Make a Pom-Pom!: Ever made your own pom-pom? Explore this fun technique with a variety of beautiful yarn, then create your own hanging decoration!
- Dec 18-24: Ginger Bread People!: In this workshop, young artists will create their own winter treat in cardboard! Personalize your Ginger Bread person with a fun outfit, funky hair, or a variety of odds and ends!