We offer professional development workshops that take place both at CMA and/or your site to train educators, parents, caretakers, and other professionals on how to effectively educate diverse learners about the arts and the benefits of arts immersion. Participants will develop their creativity and feel empowered to tackle 21st century challenges.
Professional Development workshops follow a hands-on inquiry-based learning format where participants are encouraged to express their perspectives and share their creativity through discussions and activities. We offer insights into interdisciplinary art curricula, fine arts and media arts enrichment, and early childhood and accessible arts programs. To learn more about this curricula, visit our CMA in Schools page.
Our staff facilitates each workshop and is often joined by guest speakers from other organizations and institutions to add complementary expertise.
- Best Practices: Universal Design for Learning
- Best Practices: Creating DIY Adaptive Tools
- Arts + Early Childhood Learners
- Arts + Tweens
- Arts + Inclusive Practices of Students with Disabilities
- Arts + English Language Literacy
- Arts + Culturally Informed Practices
- Media Arts: An Introduction to Stopmotion Animation
- Media Arts: Creating a Media Lab at Your Classroom
- Fine Arts: Traditional Tools and Upcycling
- Fine Arts: Creating an Art Studio in Your Classroom
- Exhibition + More: CMA can design a PD based on works shown in our past + present exhibitions.
Upcoming Professional Development Open Houses at CMA:
Wednesday, October 10, 4-6PM
Wednesday, November 7, 4-6PM
Wednesday, December 5, 4-6PM
To register for the October open house, please fill out the form here.
INTERESTED IN BRINGING OUR CURRICULA BACK TO YOUR SCHOOL?
Our teaching artists make school visits, providing professional development sessions to teachers and school administrators that will help integrate the arts into your classrooms. They can also collaborate with you in the classroom, enhancing your students’ learning experience.