Contact Edy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-409-1225.
CMA’s group visits are supported by professionals who use project-based learning to explore artistic practices.
Your group benefits from our partnership with the NYC Department of Education (DOE). All of our group programming supports the Common Core State Standards, NYC DOE’s Blueprint Standards for Teaching and Learning in the Visual Arts and the Moving Image, Framework for 21st Century Learning, and Universal Design for Learning.
CMA’s Teaching Artists are practicing artists and educators who provide multi-sensory layers in learning supporting creative problem-solving skills. Teaching artists lead inquiry-based dialogue in the Gallery and Studio encouraging students to apply critical thinking to investigating and creating art.
SCHOOL YEAR VISITS: SEPTEMBER – JUNE
- WEE ARTS (Pre-K): Wee Arts workshops provide multisensory experiences that encourage observation, exploration, and creative thinking. Students develop motor and language skills through process-based art-making by layering a variety of exciting tactile materials to create new surfaces, textures, forms, shapes, and colors. Students are encouraged to self-regulate through individual projects and are supported through collaborative projects to gain important social skills.
- FINE ARTS (K – 12th grades): Fine Arts workshops provide opportunities for close examination of artworks in social context, questioning, and analysis of artistic practice. Students develop techniques and understanding of choice making through the impact of materials and exploration of various media including drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, mixed media, textiles, sculpture, and installation.
- MEDIA LAB (1st – 12th grades): Media Lab workshops provide exposure to new media software through digital storytelling techniques in stop-motion animation and live-action film. Students work collaboratively to create narratives by making films, which exercise literacy skills through script-writing, character development, set design and sound selection.
DAYS: Select Weekdays
- GROUP 1: 10:15am – 11:30am (1–30 students)
- GROUP 2: 10:15am – 11:30am (1–30 students)
- GROUP 3: 11:15am – 12:30pm (1–30 students)
- GROUP 4: 11:15am – 12:30pm (1–30 students)
- GROUP 5*: 10:30am – 12:15pm (1–30 students) *Media Lab
Public & Private Schools:
- WEE ARTS: $200/visit
- FINE ARTS: $200/visit
- MEDIA LAB: $250/visit
Fee includes: 1 – 30 students & 4 free adults. Additional adults can join us for $12/person.
Special Needs Programs & D75 Schools:
- FINE ARTS: $150/visit
- WEE ARTS: $150/visit
- MEDIA LAB: $200/visit
Fee includes: 1 – 15 students & supporting adults
Title 1 Schools: CMA offers a limited number of scholarships through our Title 1 Scholarship Program. If you are a Title 1 school, please apply for a scholarship here. To learn more, contact Edy at email@example.com or 917-409-1225.
To make a reservation, please fill out the request form here. For more information, please e-mail Edy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-409-1225.
You must provide a credit card number to hold your reservation. Credit cards will not be charged until the date of your visit. We will provide you with a confirmation and invoice e-mail of your reserved visit and receipt of your processed payment.
We ask that you cancel no less than 10 business days prior to your visit. Our staff plans in advance to ensure the best visit for you and your students. Below are the cancellation policies:
- 10 business days before visit 100% refund
- After 10 business days before visit: 50% refund
- 2 business days before visit: No refund