Sometimes stories have many more perspectives than we may realize. All it takes is to look at what may seem random and make sense of it! Share your projects using #CMACivicKids.
What you’ll need:
1. Using three pieces of cardboard, divide up the surface of each one like a pizza with a marker and ruler.
2. In the sections of the first piece of cardboard, write the subject of a sentence. Examples can be “My mother”, “The spaceship”, “The spider” etc.
3. In the sections of the second piece of cardboard, write the action of a sentence. Examples can be “flew over”, “created”, “became” etc.
4. In the sections of the third piece of cardboard, write the object of a sentence. Examples can be “a rainbow”, “a supernova”, “the leader” etc.
5. From cardstock, make three pointers consisting of a long triangle with a hole punched in the middle.
6. Using an awl, punch a hole in the center of each piece of cardboard. Place the pointer on the center of the cardboard, and secure it by putting a brass fastener through the whole.
7. Spin to create a random, funny sentence, and then draw it on a separate piece of paper!