Create charcoal paintings inspired by artist Greg Lindquist, who utilizes coal in order to bring awareness to the damaging effects of gas and carbon dioxide emissions. Participants will use charcoal, paper, and pencil to create dystopian landscapes that have been affected by ecological issues.
- Mixed media paper
What to Expect:
- 30-minute interactive fine art class led by CMA Associate Director of Programming Raquel Du Toit
- Curriculum combines elements of art practices, an introduction to contemporary artists, and music, allowing for an active and entertaining live class
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor
- Specialized lessons and engaging activities are designed for children ages 6-11 (younger and older students are always welcome!)
- Children are encouraged to express their ideas, activate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled / found materials from home)
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.