CMA Associate Director of Museum Programming Raquel Du Toit leads her popular Club CMA with Raquel class as part of Free Fridays, which provide free access to our most popular CMA Live! classes while amplifying important community topics.
Inspired by Faith Ringgold’s The Sunflowers Quilting Bee at Arles, we will create a collage of our dinner table that represents our own unique family. Dinner tables are where we come together, spend time as a family and celebrate our holidays.
- Acrylic or tempera paint
- Canvas or sturdy mixed media paper
- Construction paper
What to Expect:
- 30-minute interactive fine art class led by CMA Associate Director of Programming Raquel Du Toit
- This class is presented predominantly in Spanish while providing translation to English as needed
- Curriculum combines elements of art practices, an introduction to contemporary artists, and music, allowing for an active and entertaining live class
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor
- Specialized lessons and engaging activities are designed for children ages 6-11 (younger and older students are always welcome!)
- Children are encouraged to express their ideas, activate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled / found materials from home)
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class will be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.
Pictured: Faith Ringgold, The Sunflower Quilting Bee at Arles, 1996