CMA Associate Director of Museum Programming Raquel Du Toit leads her popular Club CMA with Raquel class as part of Free Fridays, which provide free access to our most popular CMA Live! classes while amplifying important community topics.
Artist Lu Zhang recreates experiences, memories, and time with clay sculptures, video projections, and sound installations. Create your own sculptural object celebrating a new start to a new year. Bring your best wishes to this fun and interactive sculpture workshop!
Adults are invited to join Lu Zhang in discussion with CMA Associate Director of Programming Raquel Du Toit for a virtual artist talk and studio tour the previous day on Thursday, February 11 at 12 PM ET livestreaming on CMA’s Facebook.
- Aluminum foil
What to Expect:
- 30-minute interactive fine art class led by CMA Associate Director of Programming Raquel Du Toit
- Curriculum combines elements of art practices, an introduction to contemporary artists, and music, allowing for an active and entertaining live class
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor
- Specialized lessons and engaging activities are designed for children ages 6-11 (younger and older students are always welcome!)
- Children are encouraged to express their ideas, activate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled / found materials from home)
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.
Pictured: Lu Zhang, It Takes Ten Years Practice to be on the Same Boat, 2018