Read stories about the upcoming spring season, then explore the natural world through oil pastels and watercolors.
Family Art Collaboration with Tom is an exploratory, stimulating art class designed for children under 5 and their families to do together. Each session allows young children to become familiar with basic art materials, while nurturing creativity, curiosity, and developmental growth.
- Oil pastels
- Cup of water
What to Expect:
- 45-minute drop-in live interactive class led by CMA Director of Early Childhood Tom Burnett
- Curriculum combines early childhood development practices with art-making, such as drawing, stickering, and painting
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor
- Children are encouraged to express their ideas, activitate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled / found materials from home)
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.