Join us in creating drawings, sculptures, paintings, and stories imagining new spaces and environments. This process-oriented class will encourage exploration and fun while stimulating the imagination — along with cool music to soundtrack our art-making.
Here’s What to Expect:
- 45-minute live interactive class twice a week led by CMA Director of Early Childhood Tom Burnett
- Class size is limited to 8 students to allow for intimate small-group instruction
- Interactive warm-up games will get the creative juices flowing. Next, a story, image, or idea will be introduced to inspire art-making. Children will then explore drawing, stickering, painting, collaging, and sculpting with a variety of materials while listening to popular music of all genres
- Children are invited to share their creations and process through interactive dialogue throughout the class and at the end of each session, promoting creative thought and social skills
- Materials will be suggested each week with an emphasis on found objects, as well as basic art-making materials
Details and Schedule:
- This class meets twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 8 to July 15
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.
- Tempera Paint
- Colored Tape
- Assorted Stickers
- Model Magic Clay
- Pipe Cleaners
- Tin Foil
- Sense of exploration!
From Our Families:
- “I cannot praise CMA and Tom Burnett enough for the quality of their online art programs! My 5-year-old son attended a variety of different sessions since the start of the pandemic and all of them have been the highlight of long days spent at home. Tom is great at meeting the kids at their level and has an incredible ability to keep 4- and 5-year-olds engaged for 40 minutes through Zoom”
- “The class has been fantastic and Tom has been an absolute joy to work with. They have explored a wide range of artistic formats and styles in the class and Tom does a great job of guiding them without directing so they can maximize their own creative outlet and have it be in their voice.”
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
CMA is not responsible for providing make-up classes or issuing refunds for programs missed as a result of illness, emergencies, or other events beyond one’s control. If you would like to cancel your child’s enrollment in a class, CMA will provide you with a full refund minus a $75 registration fee up to two weeks prior to the start of class. No refunds will be available within two weeks of the start of class. CMA also reserves the right to cancel class due to low enrollment of fewer than 5 children. A full refund will be provided if class is cancelled by CMA.