CMA Marketing and Graphic Design Coordinator and Teaching Artist David Lee leads his popular Sculpt with David class as part of Free Fridays, which provide free access to our most popular CMA Live! classes while amplifying important community topics.
Different cultures celebrate the cold winter months in many ways, from traditional foods to holiday activities. Sculpt a miniature scene from a cherished holiday memory, or invent your very own holiday scene that you would like to share with a special someone. When you’re done, take a photo, add a greeting, and send your digital card to a family member or friend to brighten their day!
- Modeling Clay
- Sheet of paper for for backdrop
What to Expect:
- 30-minute interactive clay sculpture class led by CMA Marketing Coordinator and Teaching Artist David Lee
- Workshop includes step-by-step clay building instruction, and time for exploration with the medium, culminating in a live sharing of students’ art
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor
- Specialized lessons and engaging activities designed for children ages 5 and up (younger or older students are always welcome!)
- Children are encouraged to express their ideas, activitate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled / found materials from home)
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class will be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.