CMA Teaching Artist David Lee leads his popular Sculpt with David class as part of Free Fridays, which provide free access to our most popular CMA Live! classes while amplifying important community topics.
If you could solve any problem in the world, what kind of invention would you create to solve that problem? Sculpt inventions that whirr and buzz, straight from our imaginations! Starting with a simple shape, we will add implied functionality with buttons, engines, and screens to create a helpful object.
- Modeling Clay
What to Expect:
- 30-minute interactive clay sculpture class led by CMA Teaching Artist David Lee
- Workshop includes step-by-step clay building instruction, and time for exploration with the medium, culminating in a live sharing of students’ art
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor
- Specialized lessons and engaging activities designed for children ages 5 and up (younger or older students are always welcome!)
- Children are encouraged to express their ideas, activitate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled / found materials from home)
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.