Land Art is a sculptural movement that integrates elements of landscape into the finished artwork — many are famously known for their monumental scale. We will create a miniature earth work inspired by this movement. Playing with scale, we will finish off our environments with a colossal monument!
- Modeling Clay
What to Expect:
- 30-minute interactive clay sculpture class led by CMA Teaching Artist David Lee
- Workshop includes step-by-step clay building instruction, and time for exploration with the medium, culminating in a live sharing of students’ art
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor
- Specialized lessons and engaging activities designed for children ages 5 and up (younger or older students are always welcome!)
- Children are encouraged to express their ideas, activitate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled / found materials from home)
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.