Artists will explore the fun and fascinating process of clay sculpture as they learn the tools necessary to make their own clay figures. Experimenting with materials such as wire, paper, fabric, and clay, students will employ these techniques and create their own tiny worlds. The semester concludes with a virtual gallery show where students can show off their portfolios to family and friends.
What to Expect
- 90 minutes interactive fine art class led by a CMA Teaching Artist trained in teaching art to children
- Curriculum includes specialized lessons and engaging activities designed for each age group, as well as visits with guest artists and virtual gallery tours
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled or found materials from home)
- Class takes place from 4pm to 5:30pm on Wednesdays from January 13 through May 12
- There will be no class on Wednesday, February 17 (Mid-Winter Recess) and Wednesday, March 31 (Spring Break)
- This class takes place on Eastern Time (ET)