Students will explore the wonderful world of animals while learning techniques in watercolor, ink illustration, and charcoal drawing. Artists will learn about animals and their habitats with a keen eye on conservation. The semester concludes with a virtual gallery show where students can show off their portfolios to family and friends.
What to Expect
- 90 minutes interactive fine art class led by a CMA Teaching Artist trained in teaching art to children
- Curriculum includes specialized lessons and engaging activities designed for each age group, as well as visits with guest artists and virtual gallery tours
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled or found materials from home)
- Class takes place from 4pm to 5:30pm on Tuesdays from January 12 through May 11
- There will be no class on Tuesday, February 16 (Mid-Winter Recess) and Tuesday, March 30 (Spring Break)
- This class takes place on Eastern Time (ET)