Turn your 2D drawings into 3D reality! Artists will be exposed to a variety of drawing, painting, and sculptural projects that encourage them to play with line, shape, and form. Inspired by the works of Linda Lopez, Noriko Kuresumi, and Renee Stout, students will create drawings, then make sculptures out of clay and found objects. The semester concludes with a virtual gallery show where students can show off their portfolios to family and friends.
What to Expect
- 90 minutes interactive fine art class led by a CMA Teaching Artist trained in teaching art to children
- Curriculum includes specialized lessons and engaging activities designed for each age group, as well as visits with guest artists and virtual gallery tours
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled or found materials from home)
- Class takes place from 4pm to 5:30pm on Mondays from January 11 through May 10
- There will be no class on Monday, January 18 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Day), Monday, February 15 (Mid-Winter Recess), and Monday, March 29 (Spring Break)
- This class takes place on Eastern Time (ET)