Artists will explore a variety of projects that encourage them to play with line, color, shape, and form. Starting with color mixing, students will break down and explore elements of a painting, then bring them to life in their own compositions. The semester concludes with a virtual gallery show where students can show off their portfolios to family and friends.
What to Expect
- 90 minutes interactive fine art class led by a CMA Teaching Artist trained in teaching art to children
- Curriculum includes specialized lessons and engaging activities designed for each age group, as well as visits with guest artists and virtual gallery tours
- Families will need to provide their own materials (often basic art materials and recycled or found materials from home)
- Class takes place from 4pm to 5:30pm on Mondays from January 11 through May 10
- There will be no class on Monday, January 18 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), Monday, February 15 (Mid-Winter Recess), and Monday, March 29 (Spring Break)
- This class takes place on Eastern Time (ET)