Young artists will have the singular opportunity to design characters, mold them out of clay, then create a stop-motion animation starring their unique characters.
Along the way, students will experiment with materials such as plasticine, polymer clay, air dry clay, cloth, fabric, wire, and found materials while exploring techniques including bendable armature, additive and subtractive sculpting, assemblage, and set construction. Students will also learn to critique their work, and the work of their peers, using the guiding principles of balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, variety, and unity.
- Polymer Clay
- Model Magic Clay
- Popsicle Sticks
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Construction Paper
- iStopmotion App (available on the App Store and Google Play)
What to Expect:
- Class takes place Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM under the supervision of a CMA Teaching Artist specially trained in teaching art to children.
- Curriculum combines elements of art practices and an introduction to contemporary artists, allowing for an active and entertaining live class.
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor.
- Students are encouraged to express their ideas, activate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression.
- Each student will receive individual artistic support, encouragement, and creative challenges unique to their learning style and skill level. Parents and caregivers have the flexibility to register their child student for the program of their choosing, including siblings of varied ages into the same camp.
- Cost of materials is not included in class fee. Prior to class, students will receive a curated list with purchase links, as well as DIY alternatives.
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.
All Summer Studio Art Camps Camps