Let your art run wild! Artists will dive into drawing and painting inspired by the animal kingdom. Artists will learn about their favorite animals — both real and imaginary — and create their own artworks. Along the way, students will learn about brush techniques, anatomical drawing, and composition. The week will conclude with a “campfire” show-and-tell where friends and family members are invited to join for a celebration of the artwork created during the week.
What to Expect:
- Class takes place Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM under the supervision of a CMA Teaching Artist specially trained in teaching art to children.
- Individual art materials and supplies will be provided for each child registered in order to maintain health and safety protocols.
- Limited class size creates an intimate studio environment with increased interaction between instructor and students.
- Curriculum combines elements of art practices and an introduction to contemporary artists, allowing for an active and entertaining in-person class.
- Students are encouraged to express their ideas, activate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression.
- Each student will receive individual artistic support, encouragement, and creative challenges unique to their learning style and skill level. Parents and caregivers have the flexibility to register their child for the program of their choosing, including siblings of varied ages into the same camp.
- Teaching Artists and on-site Program Staff are certified and trained in CPR and First Aid.
- CMA is deeply committed to the health and safety of all students and staff. Programs are designed with current CDC guidelines in mind. CMA will closely monitor changes in guidelines and will adjust programs as necessary.
- Enhanced protocols include hand-washing or sanitizing upon arrival, masks worn by children and adults, deep cleaning between sessions, and social distancing between staff and students.
- Class size is limited to 12 students, in compliance with CDC guidelines.
- Students will be provided with individualized art materials for the week.
- Students are encouraged to take supervised outdoor breaks throughout the day.
- CMA will closely monitor CDC guidelines for in-person gatherings. In the instance that in-person gatherings are discouraged, all programs will become virtual with no additional cost to families.
- All students are required to have a CMA Health Form on file to protect the wellness and safety of each child and their classmates. The first page must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian. General health records may be attached in place of the second page. CMA Health Forms are good for one year. Please submit all health forms to firstname.lastname@example.org two week prior to the start of class.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- CMA is not responsible for providing make-up classes or issuing refunds for programs missed as a result of illness, emergencies, or other events beyond one’s control. If you would like to cancel your child’s enrollment in a class, CMA will provide you with a full refund minus a $75 registration fee up to two weeks prior to the start of class. No refunds will be available within two weeks of the start of class.
- CMA also reserves the right to cancel camps due to low enrollment of fewer than 9 children. A full refund will be provided if the camp is cancelled by CMA.
All Summer Studio Art Camps Camps