Make an artistic splash into the wild and colorful world of cephalopods, purpoises, whales, marine turtles, and nudibranchs and study the wondrous creatures of the deep through drawing, painting, and illustration.Through immersive experiences and projects, including drawing frogs from life, a virtual visit to the deep ocean, and designing mythical beasts, students will learn the fundamentals of color, line, texture, shape, and much more. Each artist will end the class with an online exhibition of his or her own portfolio of artworks.
What to Expect:
- Class takes place Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM under the supervision of a CMA Teaching Artist specially trained in teaching art to children.
- Curriculum combines elements of art practices and an introduction to contemporary artists, allowing for an active and entertaining live class.
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor.
- Students are encouraged to express their ideas, activate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression.
- Each student will receive individual artistic support, encouragement, and creative challenges unique to their learning style and skill level.
- Cost of materials is not included in class fee. Prior to class, students will receive a curated list with purchase links, as well as DIY alternatives.
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- CMA is not responsible for providing make-up classes or issuing refunds for programs missed as a result of illness, emergencies, or other events beyond one’s control. If you would like to cancel your child’s enrollment in a class, CMA will provide you with a full refund minus a $75 registration fee up to two weeks prior to the start of class. No refunds will be available within two weeks of the start of class.
- CMA also reserves the right to cancel camps due to low enrollment. A full refund will be provided if the camp is cancelled by CMA.
All Drawing and Painting Inspired by Marine Biology (Online) Camps