Artists will explore the diversity of drawing as they practice new techniques and utilize a variety of materials including ink, string, charcoal, and pencil to grow their observational skills and imaginations. Students will also experience virtual tours of museums and galleries, participate in the “Drawing Olympics,” and learn to sketch with body movements. The week will conclude with a “campfire” show-and-tell where friends and family members are invited to join for a celebration of the artwork created during the week.
- White paper sketchpad
- Construction paper
- Ink pens
- Colored pencils
What to Expect:
- Class takes place Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM under the supervision of a CMA Teaching Artist specially trained in teaching art to children.
- Curriculum combines elements of art practices and an introduction to contemporary artists, allowing for an active and entertaining live class.
- Small class size allows for more interaction between children and the instructor.
- Students are encouraged to express their ideas, activate their imaginations, and connect with others through activities rooted in art and expression.
- Each student will receive individual artistic support, encouragement, and creative challenges unique to their learning style and skill level. Parents and caregivers have the flexibility to register their child student for the program of their choosing, including siblings of varied ages into the same camp.
- Cost of materials is not included in class fee. Prior to class, students will receive a curated list with purchase links, as well as DIY alternatives.
- Class times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
- This class may be recorded for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to have your image or name on screen, please join with audio only and rename yourself using the Zoom rename options.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- CMA is not responsible for providing make-up classes or issuing refunds for programs missed as a result of illness, emergencies, or other events beyond one’s control. If you would like to cancel your child’s enrollment in a class, CMA will provide you with a full refund minus a $75 registration fee up to two weeks prior to the start of class. No refunds will be available within two weeks of the start of class.
- CMA also reserves the right to cancel camps due to low enrollment of fewer than 9 children. A full refund will be provided if the camp is cancelled by CMA.
All Summer Studio Art Camps Camps