CMA’s Inclusive Camp Program provides children with special needs and disabilities the opportunity join their typically developing peers in a creative and supportive learning environment during our Summer Art Colony program from June through September.
CMA’s popular online summer art camps are week-long camp experiences led by CMA Teaching Artists. The Inclusive Camp Program provides a scholarship for students with special needs who require 1:1 support, so that the child can attend the program with the support of their aide.
CMA has developed a sustainable model of support for the Inclusive Camp, which includes:
- The family submits an application with a letter of support from the child’s school.
- CMA staff and the family identify the interests of the child
- An appropriate Fine Arts or Media Lab camp is identified for the child.
- A planning session with CMA staff, Teaching Artists, family, and the aide prepares the team to support the educational and social goals of the child.
- Evaluation from all stakeholders helps to shape the future of the program.
Audience: Children ages 6-15 years old with disabilities who are need inclusion support at camp.
Scholarship applications for Summer 2020 are now closed. Please stay tuned for updates!