We offer professional development workshops that take place both at CMA and/or your site to train educators, parents, caretakers, and other professionals on how to effectively educate diverse learners about the arts and the benefits of arts immersion. Participants will develop their creativity and feel empowered to tackle 21st century challenges.
Professional Development workshops follow a hands-on inquiry-based learning format where participants are encouraged to express their perspectives and share their creativity through discussions and activities. We offer insights into interdisciplinary art curricula, fine arts and media arts enrichment, and early childhood and accessible arts programs. To learn more about this curricula, visit our CMA in Schools page.
Our staff facilitates each workshop and is often joined by guest speakers from other organizations and institutions to add complementary expertise.
- Best Practices: Universal Design for Learning
- Best Practices: Creating DIY Adaptive Tools
- Arts + Early Childhood Learners
- Arts + Tweens
- Arts + Inclusive Practices of Students with Disabilities
- Arts + English Language Literacy
- Arts + Culturally Informed Practices
- Media Arts: An Introduction to Stopmotion Animation
- Media Arts: Creating a Media Lab at Your Classroom
- Fine Arts: Traditional Tools and Upcycling
- Fine Arts: Creating an Art Studio in Your Classroom
- Exhibition + More: CMA can design a PD based on works shown in our past + present exhibitions.
Sign Up For Our Learning Leaders Network!
CMA’s new Learning Leaders Network connects PreK-12th grade education professionals to arts engagement resources and events. This free member network includes monthly e-blasts and opportunities for professional development, civic engagement initiatives, special museum visits, and more. Click here to register!
Join Our Educator Open House!
Learn more about CMA’s School and Community Programs with a free Back-To-School Open House on Wednesday, October 16 from 4:30-6pm! Enjoy our current exhibitions E.V. Day: Breaking the Glass Ceiling and Rico Gatson: You Are Light, and try your hand at stop-motion animation and hands-on fine arts projects with CMA Teaching Artists! Light snacks will be served. RSVP
Interested in bringing our curricula back to your school?
CMA Teaching Artists make school visits, providing professional development sessions to teachers and school administrators that will help integrate the arts into your classrooms. They can also collaborate with you in the classroom, enhancing your students’ learning experience!